Oriental Ballooning Ticket Price US$ 300
About Oriental Ballooning (Ticket Price US$ 300)
ABOUT ORIENTAL BALLOONING
Oriental Ballooning launched its commercial operations on 21st November 2013 in Mandalay, and on 1st January 2014 also started flying in Bagan.
Balloon flights normally take between 45 minutes and one hour, depending on the wind speed and direction on the day.
Part of the experience of hot-air ballooning is that the balloon can only travel with the direction and speed of the wind, which means that it is difficult to be precise about how long the whole experience will take. However, it will be around 3 hours and includes pick-up from your hotel and transport to launch field, light breakfast at launch field, a full safety briefing then chance to watch the balloons being prepared and inflated; a spectacular balloon flight, sparkling wine and fruit reception after landing, presentation of a hand – written flight certificate by the pilot then return transport to your hotel.
Balloons are made in the UK by Cameron Balloons, the world’s largest and best known balloon manufacturer.
All pilots and technicians are European nationals who hold UK professional licenses, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority. All group crews are trained to international standards.
Passengers will enjoy a first class flight with us over the awe inspiring pagodas and stupas of Bagan, the mystical landscape of Mandalay or enchanting Inle Lake.
BALLOON TICKET RATES (VALIDITY – 01.10.2017- 31.03.2018)
|ORIENTAL BALLOONING||BAGAN||PREMIUM||300 USD||***Randomly with 8 or 12 person balloons|
|MANDALAY||PREMIUM||-||***Charter On Request|
|INLE||PREMIUM||350 USD||***With 4 person balloon|
|NGAPALI BEACH||PREMIUM||320 USD||***With 4 person balloon|
*****Best Idea to choose Oriental is that they have much better chance for 8person balloons because (4) pcs of 8 person balloons and (2) pcs of 12 person balloon for Bagan are used. But everyone will be assigned randomly into the balloons based on the pilots' decision after balancing the body weight.(Balloon Size & Quantity may change without prior notice as they are planning to make some changes!!!)
|OPERATOR||DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES||PREMIUM|
|Oriental Ballooning||Pickup from your hotel or guest house||8 or 12 person balloons|
|Light, pre-flight breakfast service while you watch the balloons inflate||YES|
|Complimentary bottle of water in each basket for each passenger||YES|
|Safety Briefing from your pilot||YES|
|An intimate and interactive experience in our exclusive 4, 6, 8 and 12 passenger balloons||YES|
|Post-flight fruit juice, fresh fruit and sparkling wine||YES|
|Written flight certificate signed by your pilot||YES|
|Return to your hotel or guest house after the flight||YES|
- Bookings are not secured until payment is made in full.
- Payment must be settled in full as soon as possible confirming the tour in order to avoid missing the chance of balloon flight as high demands and available slots per day are much different.
- No fee for cancellation before 30days
- 30% for cancellation within 30-8days
- 100% for cancellation less than 7days
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passengers flying with ORIENTAL BALLOONING are bound by the following Terms and Conditions;
- Passengers should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or skirts, preferably made from natural fibres.
- Any medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability of fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to ORIENTAL BALLOONING at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight. Pregnant women will not be allowed on flights. ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot, crew or company representative.
- Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/ 280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
- Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted to fly with ORIENTAL BALLOOING. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and only if the child is over 4’6” or 137 cm in height.
- As the pilot is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight, he or she has the right to refuse passengers for whatsoever reason as to not endanger the flight or other passengers.
- Full attention must be paid by passengers to the safety briefing given before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
- The decision of the pilot of the day is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING expects passengers to give full co-operation and assistance if needed to the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post – flight activities.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and changer rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights.
- Flights cancelled by ORIENTAL BALLOONING for safety reasons, inclement or unfavorable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to ORIENTAL BALLOONING will be refunded in cash either in Bagan, Mandalay or Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserve the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates at its discretion.
- No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
- Receipts, payment vouchers or flight tickets are to be produced on arrival at the launch site.
Safety Briefing (as given by the pilot before takeoff)
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN AND AROUND THE BALLOONS AT ANY TIME.
- At all times, do not walk between the trucks or tractors and the balloon
- During the inflation of the balloons, remain in the passenger reception area until called to your balloon by your pilot.
- Before landing, stow all cameras, videos, binoculars etc. DO NOT HANG ANYTHING AROUND YOUR NECK.
On the command “ Landing Positions”;
- Face backwards to the direction of travel, and hold tightly on to the rope handles inside the basket
- If seats are provided, sit down on the seats. If not, bend your knees (as if skiing), but do not sit on the floor
- Lean back against the basket padding
- Stay in this position until invited to stand upright again.
- After landing, stay in the basket. Do not get out, until the pilot tells you it is safe to exit.
FAQ@Frequently Asked Questions
|Q:||When can I fly with Oriental Ballooning?|
|A:||The flying season in Myanmar is October to March. We are currently offering early morning flights throughout this period.|
|Q:||How long do I need to allow for a balloon flight?|
|A:||From pick up at your hotel, to returning you there, takes approximately 3 to 4 hours.|
|Q:||At what time will I be collected from my Hotel?|
|A:||Passenger pick-up time varies by location and throughout the flying season but is generally between 5.30 am and 6.15 am. We will inform you of the exact time when you confirm your flight, which is usually the evening prior to your flight.|
|Q:||Why do we need to go so early in the morning?|
|A:||To take advantage of the best flying conditions and to capture that all-important early morning light as it illuminates the temples and stupas. Later in the day the atmosphere may become unstable making it unsuitable for ballooning.|
|Q:||Where can I go flying with Oriental Ballooning?|
|A:||We currently offer flights over Bagan and Mandalay. Both areas have their own particular charm. In Bagan you will marvel at the sight of so many temples and stupas in such as small area. In Mandalay, you will be enthralled by the lively atmosphere of this populous city and the beauty of its location beside the mighty Irrawaddy.|
|Q:||How far and how high do we go?|
|A:||Hot air balloons fly with the wind so the distance travelled depends on the wind speed. Typically you will travel between 5 and 10 km. Your pilot will alter the height the balloon travels at throughout the flight to give you the best views. At times you will glide along at tree top height and at others you will be given a panoramic view from 2000 ft/ 600 m.|
|Q:||I’m afraid of heights, is this a problem in ballooning?|
|A:||You needn’t be. In our experience, people who say they are afraid of heights invariably find that in a balloon basket their fears melt away immediately the balloon leaves the ground. There is a scientific explanation why this is so, but we won’t bore you with it here. Just try it and you’ll find out!|
|Q:||How many people will there be in the basket?|
|A:||Balloon baskets, like balloons come in different sizes, Oriental Ballooning is proud to offer you compartmented baskets for your safety and comfort. There will only be one other passenger in the same compartment as you.|
|Q:||Can my child go ballooning?|
|A:||Passengers aged 8 or older can be flown, as long as they are at least 137 com tall (4ft 6 in). Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied on the flight by a responsible adult. Sorry, we don’t offer reduced fares for children.|
|Q:||I’m not very physically fit. Is this a problem?|
|A:||You need to be able to climb in and out of the basket and stand unaided for an hour or so. If you are unable to climb in and out, we have a basket available with a door to aid easy entry into the basket, which may be available for an extra charge.|
|Q:||What should I wear?|
|A:||You should wear layered, comfortable outdoor clothing and sturdy flat shoes. Although it gets hot quickly when the sun rises, it can be quite cold and damp before sunrise, especially during December and January. It is best to wear layers of clothes, which you can take off as the morning warms up.|
|Q:||What about toilets?|
|A:||Sorry, we don’t have any toilet facilities available on our launch or landing sites.|
|Q:||what can I bring along on the flight?|
|A:||Handbags, cameras, binoculars and lots of questions; just as you would when out with a tour guide. You will want to capture those memories and our knowledgeable pilots will be happy to answer all of your questions. Valuables are carried in the basket at the owner’s risk. Make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card and your camera battery is fully charged.|
|Q:||Do flights get cancelled and if so, what happens?|
|A:||Flights can be cancelled for safety or operational reasons. Although the weather in Myanmar during the flying season is very stable, there are occasions when we have to cancel a flight for the safety of our passengers, pilots and crew. If this happens, we may be able to offer you a later flight in the same location or one of our alternative locations. If you are unable to take advantage of this, don’t worry, you will receive a full refund.|
|Q:||Why should I book with Oriental Ballooning?|
|A:||Simply because we believe we offer you the best service and the most spectacular experience, in our beautiful balloons. Our baskets are designed with you comfort in mind, allowing you plenty of room to move around, especially when you need to get that perfect photograph.|
YANGON OFFICE (ORIENTAL BALLOONING)
### Yangon Office is open from 9am until 5pm, Myanmar Time (0230-1330 GMT).
No. 10, Inya Yeiktha Street
Mayangone Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel: +95 (0) 1 665 126, 01 657 050, 01 657 690
Fax: +95 (0)1 657 689
BAGAN OFFICE (ORIENTAL BALLOONING)
### Bagan Office is open from 9am until 8pm, Myanmar Time (0230-1330 GMT).
No. 76 A, Lanmadaw Road, Sone Kone Quarter , Nyaung Oo
Tel: +95 (0)9 250 505 383, 09 259 100 511
MANDALAY OFFICE (ORIENTAL BALLOONING)
###Mandalay Office is open from 9am until 8pm, Myanmar Time (0230-1330 GMT).
No.C1, Corner of 35th Street & 71 Street, Chan Aye Tharzan Township,
Tel: +95 9 256 224 976, 02 62625, 02 62474
INLE / NYAUNG SHWE OFFICE (ORIENTAL BALLOONING)
### Office is open from 9am until 8pm, Myanmar Time (0230-1330 GMT).
No. 10, Lanmadaw Street, Near Mingalar Market, Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar.
Tel: +95 9 250 089 443
NGAPALI OFFICE (ORIENTAL BALLOONING)
### Office is open from 9am until 8pm, Myanmar Time (0230-1330 GMT).
Ngapali Sales Office:
Mya Byin Village, Ngapali Beach, Thandwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar
Tel: +95 9 259961903, 043 42166
Yangon Head Office Address
No.199 (2 nd floor), Botahtaung Pagoda Road (Middle Block), Pazuntaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Bagan / Nyaung U Branch Office Address
Lanmadaw 2 Road ( Beside of Eden Motel-3 )Myoma Kwet Thit Ward ( No 3 Block ) Nyaung U, Mandalay.
(Near Nyaung U Market / Mani Sithu Market )
Tel : +95-9-761 690 802
Website : www.ytt-international.com, www.myanmartourismytt.com